Sound the alarms – Dallas Startup Week 2020 is just 15 days away!
We wanted to give you 15 reasons why you, your coworkers, all of your friends and just about anyone you know should register and tune in for this year’s virtual event. This article outlines the reasons you should attend, but check out DSW’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter pages daily for fun video announcements and more.
1. We’ll give you a Hint *wink wink* – The team at Hint Water has graciously provided us with some Summer Bundles to give away to a few of our lucky followers! The bundle includes a case of Hint Water, sunscreen and a copy of Founder and CEO Kara Goldin’s new book, Undaunted. We were lucky enough to score Kara as our very first official Launch Party and Startup Alley guest speaker! View the posts on our Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn channel to learn more and enter!
2. Sched(ule) your (Dallas Startup) Week out – The full DSW agenda can be found on the Sched website or app. Once on the app or website, join the event, browse the sessions and speakers, and start building your schedule by registering for sessions. The Sched app will be updated with new sessions on a rolling basis, so be sure to check back regularly.
3. How ‘bout them Cowboys! – Calling all Dallas Cowboys fans! Dallas Cowboys alum and entrepreneur, Darren Woodson, will be joining us as one of our Tuesday Keynote speakers! In 2017, Woodson joined esrp and bridged his storied football career and entrepreneurial spirit with commercial real estate. He’ll be talking about the similarities between athletics and entrepreneurism, and the challenges and successes he’s faced during his entrepreneurial journey.
4. The choice is virtually yours – We are not exaggerating when we say that there is something for everyone at Dallas Startup Week 2020. Choose from more than 100 sessions across 16 different tracks, including Healthcare, Marketing, AI, Retail, Coding, Personal Development, Cybersecurity and Social Impact, just to name a few.
5. Work it at the Women of Innovation Summit – WOI celebrates, inspires and connects women innovators and change-makers. This year, hear from Jamie O’Banion from BeautyBio, Mahisha Dellinger from Curls Beauty Brands, Joni Carswell of Texan By Nature, Danyel Surrency-Jones and many others who have demonstrated the courage and passion to transform their ideas and ambitions into a reality.
6. Five Words… Olympic Gold Medalist Nastia Liukin – We’re excited to announce we’ll have not one, but two keynote speakers for this year’s event. Hear from five-time Olympic Medalist and entrepreneur, Nastia Liukin during Tuesday’s Premiere Keynote Event. She’ll be talking about the similarities between athletics and entrepreneurism, and the challenges and successes she’s faced during her entrepreneurial journey.
7. Disrupt the diversity pipeline with us – Disrupt Dallas kicks off DSW as a celebration and educational program for the champions that are disrupting the diversity pipeline, minority entrepreneurial market and overall landscape. The main program will be live streamed from SPACES on Sunday. There will also be various Disrupt Dallas sessions throughout the week to keep the celebration going.
8. Make an investment in yourself and your business by NETWORKING – Network with others, virtually, with our Dallas Startup Week Slack workspace. The workspace has channels for each track and summit, as well as channels for the “help desk” and any resources.
9. Attend the biggest virtual party in DFW on a Monday night – The official Launch Party and Startup Alley brings all DFW innovators together to celebrate the start of Dallas Startup Week. Hear from CEO of Hint, Kara Goldin, followed by virtual networking on the Hopin platform.
10. Create a Vision for your goals and put it on a Board – Sometimes the most difficult part about attending events is putting what we’ve learned into action. Personal brand strategist, author and entrepreneur, Tarsha Polk, will teach us how to create a vision board so we can stay inspired and hold ourselves accountable to the actions we want to take after the summit. The WEDallas Vision Board Workshop is held in partnership with Capital One.
11. Add some Jewel to your Corporate Startup Innovation – We can’t wait for the Corporate Startup Innovation Summit for many reasons, but a big one is that Jewel Burks Solomon, head of Google for Startups is the keynote speaker for that event! The Corporate Startup Innovation Summit mobilizes small business owners and corporations to participate in Dallas Startup Week by sharing how they can work together and what they can learn from each other to implement into their own organizations for further innovation and success.
12. Shop small with a virtual marketplace just for gals – On Wednesday, take time to stop by the Expo tab in Hopin to shop small at the Women’s Marketplace where local female entrepreneurs will be selling their products. Check back for a list of businesses that will be featured in the virtual marketplace!
13. See how far we’ve come at the State of Entrepreneurship – Back for a sixth year, The State of Entrepreneurship has become a tradition for celebrating the people, places and passions that keep the DFW startup ecosystem thriving. The entire community comes out to cheer on the launches, fundings, exits and overall wins of the entrepreneurial community from the past year. You’ll hear from city officials, Fortune 500 executives and founders of some of this year’s breakout small businesses.
14. Support a startup (and learn something new) – Be sure to stop by the virtual expo hall during the official Launch Party and Startup Alley on Monday. Startup Alley is a showcase of local startups and the innovation behind them, and you’ll get to interact and ask questions directly to the founders as you jump from one booth to the next. Check back for a list of businesses that will be featured in the virtual expo hall!
15. Give our sponsors some love (because we sure will!) – Dallas Startup Week truly could not happen without the generous donations of our partners. We thank each and every sponsor for investing in our local entrepreneurs and innovation ecosystem. A full list of our sponsors can be found here.
Every year, Dallas Startup Week brings together entrepreneurs and change-makers for a week-long experience, described as the largest entrepreneurial event in North Texas, where they exchange ideas, collaborate and grow alongside the 10th largest startup ecosystem in the U.S.
This year, Dallas Startup Week is going completely virtual from August 30 to September 3. All DSW sessions, special events and engagement opportunities will take place on Hopin.to. Once you grab your ticket, check out the full schedule and speaker line up on Sched, and then join the Slack workspace to start interacting with your fellow attendees. We look forward to seeing you there (virtually of course).
Register for Dallas Startup Week 2020 at hopin.to/events/dsw20.