Are you a young professional in the North Texas region that is interested in advancing the DFW entrepreneurial landscape?
We’re excited to announce that The DEC Network Associate Board is now accepting new member applications!
We’re looking for new members with diverse experience across both corporate and startup organizations to help us take entrepreneurship in DFW to the next level, and cultivate a healthy and engaged community of young professionals with The DEC Network.
Our goal is to recruit 18 enthusiastic and high performing young professionals who are passionate about contributing toward building a rich and diverse entrepreneurial ecosystem throughout North Texas. Members of The DEC Network Associate Board will gain exposure to innovative ventures and successful entrepreneurs, maximize their professional network, earn valuable leadership experience serving on nonprofit boards, engage in critical mentorship opportunities and much more.
- Commitment = 1 year
- Time invested = 1 – 2 hours per week
- Committees available = Fundraising, Partnerships, Programs, Development & Communication
- Annual Fees = $300
- Exclusive Access to high-profile networking events
- Nonprofit board leadership experience
- Mentorship from The DEC Network Fiduciary Board
- Opportunities to support local entrepreneurs in a meaningful way
- Enrichment of personal and professional network
- Between the age of 21 – 45
- Strong professional networks throughout DFW
- Referral / references highly encouraged
Applying is easy and all referrals and references from The DEC Network’s current team are highly valued. All applications will be reviewed by the Associate Board committee chairs, and shortlisted candidates will be approved to join the board on May 5th, 2021.
Applications close April 25th, 2021.
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Fill out the 10 minute application form: Associate Board Application (if you were referred by a current member, please put the name and email of the person that referred you).
- Accepted applications will move forward to a 30-minute Introduction Interview with a committee chair member.
- Shortlisted candidates will conduct the final 30-minute Alignment Interview with the Chair of the Associate Board.
- All nominations will be approved by the board during the quarterly Associate Board meeting on May 5 from 4-6pm.
We’re very excited to grow the Associate Board as we kickoff major initiatives to continue building a rich network of engaged young professionals with The DEC Network.
If you have any questions, please reach out directly to David Cherrie at AssociateBoard@thedec.co.